What is the Health Insurance Marketplace?
The Health Insurance Marketplace is a service that helps people shop for and enroll in health insurance. The Marketplace—also known as the Exchange—provides health plan shopping and enrollment services through healthcare.gov, call centers, and in-person assistance.
What are Navigators?
Cover Kansas Navigators are trained, unbiased assisters that can help you compare health insurance plans, assist you with the online application process, and provide answers to your Marketplace questions year-round. Connect with a Certified Navigator in your area.
Can I get financial help?
When you buy health insurance through the Marketplace, you may qualify for financial assistance to help pay your monthly premiums. Learn about what Financial Assistance is available to you.
When can I enroll?
Open Enrollment for 2024 is from November 1, 2023 to January 16, 2024. If you enroll before December 15th, your coverage will begin on January 1st. Enrolling after December 15th will mean your coverage starts February 1st. Certain life events can qualify you for a special enrollment period anytime of the year (click for info).
What do I need to enroll and apply?
- Names, birth dates and Social Security numbers for everyone in your household
- Income documentation for every member of your household (e.g., pay stubs, W-2 forms, tax returns)
- A completed Employer Coverage Tool for every job-based plan that you or someone in your household is eligible for. Your Navigator can provide one, or download the document at HealthCare.gov
- Tax information, such as filing status and number of dependents
- Immigration documentation and supporting identification numbers
- If you plan to submit an online application, you will need an email address and the associated password to create an online Marketplace account. Your Navigator can help you create an email address if you do not have one
What plans are available?
There are 128 total plans available for 2023. See the 2024 Kansas Insurance Plans Brief (PDF).
What about my current health insurance plan?
If your current plan is still available and you would like to keep it – and if your household size and income have not changed – you do not need to do anything. You will be automatically renewed for 2023. However, you must update your information with the Marketplace to make sure you get the full savings you deserve. If your current plan does not meet your needs, now is the time to change your plan. Talk with your Navigator or make changes online.
More Questions? Find answers on healthcare.gov.
Watch our how-to videos made just for you as you research healthcare in Kansas.
Take a look at some other useful websites about healthcare in Kansas.
Get free assistance from a certified Navigator.